- The Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to the eradication of breast cancer through education and advocacy.
- VATA is dedicated to the health and well-being of Virginians who are physically active. The Association focuses on enhancing the professional development of Virginia’s certified athletic trainers and on communicating between all persons and agencies invested in the health and well-being of athletes and the physically active.
- The VACSB represents Virginia’s Community Services Boards and Behavioral Health Authorities who provide the premier mental health, intellectual disability and substance use disorder services management and delivery in Virginia’s Communities.
- VAHPERD advocates for quality programs in health, physical education, recreation, dance, and sport. It is the vision of the Association to have a positive impact on society as a whole.
- VASN is dedicated to improving the health and educational success of children and youth in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The Association focuses on advancing quality school health services and health education.
- Commonwealth Autism builds capacity of the autism provider network through partnership and collaboration.
- VMA woks to unite all midwives in Virginia, to further the education of midwives, and to assure that women choosing out-of-hospital births receive high-quality care from their midwifery providers.
- BIAV is the primary source of information and personal support for individuals, families, and professionals living in Virginia whose lives have been touched by a life-altering brain injury.
- The mission of VCA is to serve, educate, and develop counselors in all settings who will provide best counseling practices to enhance human development and functioning throughout the life span and promote public confidence in the counseling profession.
- VAHPC advocates for quality care for all persons with life-limiting illnesses. The Association promotes hospice and palliative care education and ethical practices and serves as a united voice and resource for its members.
- VHF exists to further all facets of support, education and advocacy for those affected by a bleeding disorder by instilling awareness and understanding about the causes of hemophilia and bleeding disorders, empowering those with bleeding disorders (and those around them) with a dedicated support network in our geographic area while providing information and to serve as a central resource for all hemophilia and bleeding disorder issues.
- HACA serves persons with bleeding disorders and their families in the Washington, DC, Metropolitan Area.
- The Virginia Chapter of AMTA works to improve the practice of massage therapy, promote massage as a therapeutic modality to relieve pain and stress, and assure the practice of massage therapy is delivered by qualified health professionals licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia (licensure effective January 1, 2017).
Virginia Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
VACNS promotes the role of the clinical nurse specialist as an advanced practice registered nurse in Virginia, improve systems of care, prevent disease, and enhance the health and well-being of Virginians through the provision of evidence-based care.
Virginia Rehabilitation Association (https://www.vra.org/)
VRA is dedicated to improving the quality of life for all persons with disabilities, working to enable persons with disabilities to participate in the mainstream of society. The Association also provides professional development for persons in the field of rehabilitation and independent living.
- Brain Injury Association of Virginia
- Commonwealth Autism
- Legislative Coalition of Virginia Nurses
- Parents & Associates of the Northern Virginia Training Center
- Virginia Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Virginia Association for Hospices and Palliative Care
- Virginia Association of School Nurses
- Virginia Athletic Trainers Association
- Virginia Chapter, American Massage Therapy Association
- Virginia Association of Community Services Boards
- Virginia Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Virginia Counselors Association
- Virginia Hemophilia Foundation
- Virginia Midwives Alliance
- Virginia Rehabilitation Association
- Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation
Portfolio Descriptions and Overview
Below, you will find more information about our clients and links to each organization’s website:
- The Brain Injury Association of Virginia is the primary source of information and personal support for individuals, families, and professionals living in Virginia whose lives have been touched by a life-altering brain injury. B2L provides consultation on advocacy and assists with obtaining funding for services.
- Commonwealth Autism as a non-profit organization that supports observations, assessments, and consultation to children and families. Through partnership and collaboration with other organizations, they seek to build the capacity of the autism service provider network in the Commonwealth. B2L serves as a consultant to CA by monitoring legislation, budget amendments and legislative and executive branch meetings that have potential impact on Virginians with autism.
- The Commonwealth Midwives Alliance consists of midwives, student and aspiring midwives united in advancing midwifery in Virginia, furthering the education of midwives and education the public regarding midwifery and childbirth. B2L consults with the Alliance on legislative and regulatory initiatives.
- The Legislative Coalition of Virginia Nurses consists of member organizations and individual members dedicated to creating and implementing a legislative agenda for Virginia nurses, to educating Virginia nurses on legislative issues, to promoting inclusion of nurses in policy-making bodies such as boards and commissions, and to encouraging and supporting nurses in elected or appointed offices. B2L serves as legislative consultant to the Coalition.
- The Parents and Associates of the Northern Virginia Training Center consists of parents and other interested persons whose goal is to promote the welfare and development of all citizens with mental retardation. The organization is devoted to assuring that all options for housing and care are available for individuals with mental retardation. B2L assists the Parents through legislative strategic planning and consultation.
- The Virginia Association for Hospices and Palliative Care advocates for quality care for all persons with life-limiting illnesses. The Association promotes hospice and palliative care education and ethical practices and serves as a united voice and resource for its members. B2L serves as legislative consultant to the Association in enhancing advocacy skills of its members and monitoring the legislative and regulatory environment.
- Representing Virginia’s school nurses, the goals of the Virginia Association of School Nurses are to promote and advance the quality of school health services and health education throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia; to promote the interests and rights of its members; and to operate as an educational organization for its members. B2L assists the Association in strategic planning and goal setting, monitors legislative and regulatory matters, and develops grassroots advocacy skills in its members.
- Representing the athletic trainers of Virginia, the Virginia Athletic Trainers Association is dedicated to the health and well-being of Virginians who are physically active. As such, the organization focuses on enhancing the professional development of Virginia’s certified athletic trainers and on communication among persons and agencies invested in the health and well-being of athletes and the physically active. VATA also supports the advancement of the athletic training profession through legislative and educational endeavors that promote and ensure the highest standards of professional practice. B2L represents VATA’s legislative and regulatory interests and helps develop the advocacy skills of its members.
- The Virginia Chapter of the American Massage Therapy Association seeks to develop and advance the art, science and practice of massage therapy in a caring, professional and ethical manner in order to promote the health and welfare of humanity. Its members include massage therapists who are certified by the Virginia Board of Nursing. B2L works with the Virginia Chapter in advocacy leadership development, legislative strategic planning, and professional representation in legislative and regulatory matters.
- The Virginia Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists is the professional association for these Advanced Practice Registered Nurses. The mission of the chapter is to promote the role of the clinical nurse specialist, to improve systems of care, prevent disease, and enhance health and well-being through evidence-based care of populations. B2L works with the Association to help it meets its advocacy goals.
- The Virginia Association of Community Services Boards is the association of the Commonwealth’s 40 community services boards that provide the premier community mental health, intellectual disability and substance use disorder services providers in Virginia. B2L serves as the legislative consultant to the Association, assisting in developing public policy positions and professional advocacy for the Association’s members.
- The Virginia Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance is the professional association of educators advocating for quality programs in health, physical education, recreation, dance, and sport. B2L monitors legislation and regulations that affect VAHPERD members, works to assure policies that promote health and physical education provided by qualified instructors, and develops the grassroots advocacy efforts of members.
- The Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to the eradication of breast cancer in the Commonwealth. The VBCF focuses on providing education and advocacy for individuals whose lives and health have been impacted by the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. B2L assists VBCF with crafting advocacy programs to enhance breast cancer concerns before the Virginia General Assembly, furthering the advocacy skills of the Foundation’s members, researching state laws and monitoring legislation that may pertain to breast cancer, and preparing reports for VBCF leadership during the legislative session.
- Consisting of professional and school counselors and career and technical counselors, the Virginia Counselors Association supports counselors in all settings in providing best counseling practices that enhance human development and functioning throughout the life span and promotes public confidence in the counseling profession. B2L assists the Association with legislative strategic planning, goal setting, grassroots advocacy, and monitoring legislative and regulatory initiatives.
- The mission of the Virginia Hemophilia Foundation is to support, educate and advocate for those affected by a bleeding disorder. VHF serves as a common ground of resources for Virginians. The Foundation’s cause is one that aims to ultimately eliminate the full range of bleeding disorders. B2L Consulting works with the Foundation members on honing their advocacy skills and in advocacy leadership development.
- The Virginia Rehabilitation Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for all persons with disabilities. Its members advocate for the rights of the disabled through up-to-date professional development seminars and workshops and networking opportunities with other rehabilitation professionals. B2L assists VRA leadership in developing and implementing their legislative agenda and in targeted advocacy professional development.